Implementing innovative teacher training methods specifically designed to meet the challenges of AI in education is the objective of the “Artificial Intelligence for and by teachers” (AI4T) Erasmus+ project to explore and support the use of AI in Education.
Inria Learning Lab is taking part in the AI4T (Artificial Intelligence for and by teachers) project with European Partners in France, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg and Slovenia. The project consists in implementing innovative teacher training methods specifically designed to meet the challenges of AI in education.
Based on a bottom-up approach with teachers participating in the design and assessment of the training, the actions target 3 main objectives:
- To give teachers a basic to solid culture about AI.
- To help teachers with their usual professional practices and reflective approaches on the ethics and culture of the associated data.
- To promote the use of digital educational resources in real classroom situations to appreciate, correct and evaluate.
The project is going to measure the impact of the teacher training on their perceptions and use of AI in the classroom.
With the 16 European partners involved in the project, Inria Learning Lab will contribute to the design of a comprehensive training pathway for the european teachers, including:
- a Mooc to give teachers a culture of AI
- and learning resources to inform about how specific AI tools can help the teacher’s work, what the potential risks are, how these AI tools can change the perception of education as a whole.
- France: France Education International (coordinator) ; Ministère de l’Education nationale, de la Jeunesse et des Sports ; Conservatoire national des Arts et Métiers ; Institut national de Recherche en informatique et en automatique ; Université de Nantes ; Université de Lorraine.
- Ireland: Dublin West Education Centre ; Educational Research Centre ; H2 Learning
- Italy: Ministero dell’Istruzione ; Istituto Nazionale di Documentazione, per l’Innovazione e la Ricerca educativa ; Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
- Luxembourg: Service de coordination de la Recherche et de l’Innovation pédagogiques et technologiques ; Université de Luxembourg
- Slovenia: Ministrstvo za izobrazevanje, znanost in sport ; Pedagošli Institut ; Univerza v Mariboru.
More about AI4T project
Inria and AI for Education
Education and digital technology, as well as Artificial Intelligence are two of the key concerns for Inria.
As part of the General Assemblies on the use of Digital Technology in Education held on November 2020, Inria published seven proposals on the event’s participative platform for ways in which digital technology could improve education. One of these proposals suggests to expand training in digital technology for teachers.
On the other hand, measuring, questioning and anticipating the societal impacts of artificial intelligence are challenges posed by the progress of research in the AI field.
Participating in the AI4T project is a a concrete way to meet the biggest challenges surrounding the use of digital technology and AI solutions in education.