If you are either a beginner or an expert in object-oriented programming, this MOOC will change the way you program with objects: come and learn or rediscover object-oriented programming with Pharo!
This new 2020 edition of the course “Programmation objet immersive en Pharo / Live Object Programming in Pharo” is based on version 8.0 of Pharo, pure object-oriented programming language and powerful open-source environment.
- Stéphane Ducasse (Inria)
- Damien Cassou (Université de Lille)
- Luc Fabresse (Institut Mines-Télécom, Douai).
This course is fully dubbed in french and english. Subtitles are provided in french, english, spanish and japanese.
Throughout this MOOC you will :
- learn how to program in Pharo,
- be immersed in a live environment and live a new programming experience,
- develop a web application to apply the different aspects of Pharo presented in the course.
This MOOC will also provide a new vision of the fundamental principles of object-oriented programming, i.e. polymorphism and late binding.
This MOOC is intended for people with a programming experience but everyone motivated could follow the course thanks to the numerous suggested resources.
5 profiles have been identified to follow this MOOC at different speed and levels :
- Newbie : For beginners
- Looking for Web : For those that focus on the web
- OO perspective : If you want to rethink your OO perspectivet
- Xpert : For those who want to have a look at everything
- Black magic : If you are interested by really advanced notions close to black magic 😉
Opening of the course : for 1 year, from November 9, 2020 to November 8, 2021: you can take this course at your own pace!
Testimony of participant of the previous edition
“I have just completed week seven of the Pharo Mooc (beginner and object oriented tracks) I am starting a redo of the Mooc with the web track (TinyBlog project). I have already learned so much ! I have spent the last 20 years or so in software development and, following this Mooc, I realized I hadn’t really grasped the essence of object oriented design.”
From November 9, 2020 to November 8, 2021
- Presentation page on FUN-MOOC
- Twitter : #Pharo #Mooc #MoocPharo